Dr. Per Montero-Pearson
You can get good medical treatment anywhere, I aim to give you the best medical care available anywhere.
Dr. Montero is a Board Certified General Surgeon. Dr. Montero received his medical degree from Autonomous University of Madrid, Madrid Spain. He completed his internships at LaPaz Hospital in Madrid, Spain. He completed his Residency in General Surgery at the Lankenau Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, where he received the Gibson Colby Engle Award for the Best Surgical Resident in 1978. After completing his residency Dr. Montero joined the Navy and headed up the general surgery departments in Okinawa, Japan and then Charleston South Carolina. He then set up private practice in Mocksville, N.C., until he was recalled into service for Operation Desert Shield. After serving his country in Operation Desert Shield, Dr. Montero relocated to Cumberland County where his wife was born and raised and has since served the community for over 25 years. He was named Inspira's Physician of the Year in 2016 and was Chief of Surgery from 2001 to 2008, Vice Chairman from 2009 to 2014 and Chairman from 2014 to 2017. Dr. Montero currently resides in Vineland with his wife and has two grown children. He enjoys skiing, swimming and professional soccer.
- Dr. Montero is a member of the following organizations:
- Member-Okinawa Medical Society
- Member- Southeastern Surgical Congress
- Member- S.A.G.E.S.
- Board Certified 1988, recertified 1996 & 2006
- Chief of Surgery at U.S.N.J. Hospital Okinawa Japan
- Chief of Surgery at SJH Newcomb & Millville Hospitals
- Chairman of Surgery at SJH System
- Vice Chair Surgery for SJ Hospital System
- Best Clinical Instructor in Surgery, U.S.N.H., Charleston, SC in 1986